Criminal charges can change your life. A felony, sex offense, or drug conviction can affect your employment, housing, and student loan options. If a bad decision leaves you facing the police and a prosecutor, you need a lawyer who knows the system. Attorney Lisa J. Schmidt can walk you through the process and help you minimize the effect of that decision on your future.
Schmidt Law Services represents clients who find themselves charged with civil infractions, misdemeanors, or felonies in Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne counties. This includes:
- Drug offenses (Possession, Distribution, or Manufacture of Marijuana, Cocaine, Heroin, Methamphetamines, etc.)
- Medical Marijuana defense
- Criminal Sexual Conduct (Rape, Statutory Rape, Sexual Assault, Indecent Exposure)
- Theft offenses (Retail Fraud, Embezzlement, Robbery)
- Drunk Driving (Operating While Intoxicated)
- Traffic offenses (Speeding, Reckless Driving, Driving While License Suspended)
- Weapons offenses (Carrying a Concealed Weapon, Felony Firearm charges)
- Assault and Battery crimes
- Probation violations
It is never too early to hire a lawyer when it comes to criminal problems. If an officer wants to talk to you but there haven’t been any charges, Attorney Lisa J. Schmidt can be a shield between you and the police to help protect your rights.
Schmidt Law Services can also help if you need to have a conviction expunged or removed from your record. Michigan only allows this under certain circumstances so set up a consultation to find out if you qualify.